3.21.2010

korea, sweden or canada?

after the debacle with psychobitch from hell, the phone rings and i say to dkf, it's the landlord or cop, i know it, and i won't answer it! I am so conditioned to my phone ringing and it being bad news or harassment after this whole incident I am sorta traumatized by my ringtone. I think I will change it. But i look at the phone and it appears to be an int'l call. dkf figures out that it is from korea so i pick up.

so i got a salaried job offer from the position in seoul today. i spoke with them a couple weeks ago and they weren't sure if they could offer me that, but would contact me again later. today they did. i wasn't happy with their offer and less than enchanted about having to make our next home still in asia. to be honest, i need a break from asia. i have dreamed of living in europe for a while now but would settle even for n. america. being able to speak english freely would be a nice breath of fresh air. dkf has two potentials, one from sweden, one from canada. at this point, i would take either. but it's all about timing. we have to move out by mid-april, seoul wants me to start mid-april and we are trying to balance this with when we will get news from either of dkf's prospects. and dkf needs to leave the country by may 1 due to his visa situation.

there is a light at the end of this tunnel. i know that. i need to get out of china. asia, if possible. but the prospect of at least making seoul our new home brightens up my dreary china sky. the people there are helpful and seem kind. i know bad landlords come in many colors. let's hope our next one is the color of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment