3.10.2010

in need of positive chi...

i have concluded that my chi is in dire need of some re-setting and positivity. with all that's been going on lately, i have developed negative chi running through my body causing fatigue, a lack of a sense of a humor, grumpiness, some sadness, and unproductivity. it's time to get zen or get out! the first step is to move out of this apartment because my evil landlord is the largest bringer of the negative chi. i truly believe that in her past life, she was a horrible, horrible creature and this is her payback. after we move out, then we will have more time to make some decisions based on thorough thinking-through. we are once again at a cross-road and will soon decide whether we are leaving china once and for all. being in china reminds me of the hotel in The Shining. you just can't seem to leave! well, i know at the end the mother and child did survive, but that was after much trauma and horror and death! another thing i need to tend to is my health. sometimes i am not sure if my low metabolism and energy is just related to my thyroid or also to my head. plus there is the issue of my high platelet count. i still have no idea what could cause that. i am pretty sure getting into a regular exercise regimen would help me alot. i have neglected the healthy lifestyle for quite sometime now but truly want to get back into that. that means exercise and eating less and healthier. it can be quite a challenge here in china because things tend to be of lower quality and health but it can be done! then there are the little things i still have left to tackle. the headaches such as my tax situation and my meddlesome teeth. i would really like to try some acupuncture but the prices are unbelievable! you would think being in china that wouldn't be a problem but you want to stay safe so you don't want to go to just any acupuncturist! the whole negative chi thing came into mind because i recently went to a training about Mindfulness. it was the most eye opening training because it reminded me of how unmindful i am about everything in my life. i don't stop and smell the roses (or pollution if you're in china). i take things too fast, don't enjoy the small things in life, get lost in the mundaneness and don't see the bigger picture. mindfulness teaches u to slow down and and enjoy each moment. it blends relaxation and breathing and borrows from buddhism. i would like to give it a try. if anyone is interested, i have some slides i can share. just leave a comment.

here's to mindfulness and positive chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment