11.29.2009

all work and no play...

we're trying to plan a winter vacation somewhere. we should probably do it soon before all the snow is gone. plus i seriously just want to curl up by a fireplace listening to the crackle of the logs drinking hot cocoa from an ergonomic mug that fits my palm perfectly on a bear skin rug after a long fun tiring day making snowmen and rolling around in the snow outside our cabin and wearing my tabogan and riding wooden sleds through ravines and catching snowflakes on my tongue.

i have some really nagging work cases. i took on a private patient i see in my home. she is text message-happy and i am starting to regret giving her permission to contact me. she also does not seem to respond to "i need to go" cues. last week, we went way over our hour and i said i needed to go and she didn't budge! she's quite needy and neurotic but then again, if she wasn't, she wouldn't be seeing me.

there's another child i do therapy with. the father is a pill but not an asshole. he writes these long ass emails detailing his thoughts and everything that goes on in the child's life. and he sorta dictates how i should do my work, which isn't cool. plus this case is really challenging because i feel sorta stuck and not sure where to go with him. i secretly think the joke's on all of us working with the child b/c he's super smart, is quite precocious, and is probably laughing at all of us as we create this circus around him. he's probably fine the way he is. he probably just wants to be left alone with his Lego set. and amazing Lego's he sure can build.

i am seriously turning into a dull girl. all work and no play certainly makes me a dull...girl.

on a holiday note, they are now playing Xmas music in the malls here. reminds me of south coast plaza.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of legos. I'm not sure if you've heard of him, Nathan Sawaya. A New York based artist who makes a living playing with legos and my hero. It might be inspiring for your kiddies to see. And a wake up call to some parents who don't think you can make a living being a kid.
    www.brickartist.com

    He had some of his work over here at Pearlridge mall and I swear I almost crapped myself. He's the real deal.

    Raul

    ReplyDelete